There are less than 10 days left until our final game is due, which means it’s time for all the little details. With our mechanics and main gameplay elements ready to go, it’s now time to add little flourishes that will make our game experience all that much better and more fun.
Here are some of the things on my to-do list for the next week and a half:
– implement particle effects (explosions, movement trails, player notifications, etc.)
– polish animations
– create a new set of background pieces
– script some movement for midground pieces (airplanes, clouds, etc.)
– ensure that the scoring system works properly for successive plays
– debug character movement, environmental assets, and front end menus
It’s hard to believe that the deadline is so close. Time to kick things into high gear!