How did people ever drive across the country without mobile technology? I mean, I love my husband and all, but 50 some-odd hours of talking and car games? That could very well lead straight to a trial separation.
The three smartphones in our car have essentially turned my spot in the passenger seat into a mobile command center. I could probably orchestrate a small war without getting out of the car. Here are a few of the things I’ve been doing:
– playing several simultaneous games of Scrabble, the best game on Earth
– listening to audiobooks, which is the best way to read
– taking pictures of state welcome signs, which can be stressful at 60mph
– checking email every few minutes
– checking facebook when not playing Scrabble or checking email
– looking up random facts to settle disputes and general curiosity
– mapping our progress and searching for exits with Chick-fil-A’s
Overall, I’d say I’m overwhelmingly relieved that we have access to the world at our fingertips. I mean, if you think about it, these smartphones are more than smart. They offer marriage insurance and sanity maintenance. Never leave home without them!